There are so many reasons for business owners in the Northeast to choose used-oil equipment for highly effective and efficient heating. If you operate a business in Vermont, New Hampshire, or Massachusetts, learn about the advantages of Sandri Clean Burn right here.
Environmentally Friendly and EPA Approved
Clean Burn is a strong advocate of environmental protection and energy conservation. The technology’s furnaces, boilers, storage tanks, and recycling centers—which meet all EPA requirements for used-oil recycling—eliminate extra handling and transportation of used oils and, consequently, help avoid the possibility of used oils entering our water supplies.
Efficient and Available
Clean Burn used-oil furnaces and boilers turn a waste product into a valuable fuel, thus conserving natural energy supplies. Here are some interesting facts:
- Used oil possesses nearly twice the energy value of coal and more energy than #2 fuel oil.
- One gallon of used oil can generate 18 kilowatt hours of electricity.
- Two gallons of used oil can provide electricity to run the average household for approximately 24 hours. In other words, cook 48 meals in a microwave, blow-dry your hair 216 times, vacuum your house for 15 months, or keep your TV on for 180 hours.
An Alternative to Disposing Used Oil
What happens to your vehicle’s used motor oil after it’s collected? That’s a good question.
The disturbing news is that over 200 million of the 1.3 billion gallons of used oil generated in the US yearly are not collected, but rather dumped illegally or accidentally into sewers, streams, drains, landfills, and backyards.
- 200 million gallons is the equivalent of nearly 20 Exxon Valdez spills each year.
- One gallon of used oil can contaminate up to one million gallons of fresh drinking water.
- One quart of used oil can create a two-acre slick on surface water.
- 40% of the pollution in US waterways is from used motor oil.
With a Clean Burn heating system, you can put recycled oil to good use in a safe, clean way that benefits your wallet and our environment.